Austin, TX – According to the city officials, this project is designed to reduce crashes, provide pedestrian safety and improve sight distances.
Planned improvements include:
- Implementation of an all-way stop at the intersection
- Installation of a new crosswalk across the north leg of the intersection
- New raised pedestrian median islands
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Ramp improvements on north and west crosswalks
- Curb bulb-out installation on the northwest and southwest corners of the intersection
- A new raised center median at the northbound approach
The project is funded through the City of Austin’s Mobility Bonds programs and Vision Zero.
Construction is expected to last about six weeks.
Please be on the lookout for crews working at the intersection of East Riverside Drive and Metro Center Drive and slow down.